Josh Hopkin Workout

0 comments


He is already 40 years old so TV actor Josh Hopkins changed his workout regime to accommodate his changing body. His trainer O’Neil Cespedes no longer trains him in plyometrics (an exercise training regimen that bridges the gap between speed and strength) , sprints, and heavy lifting, workouts that he used to do. Now, he is into functional training which simulates everyday movements.
For Josh, finding the ideal  workout had been a challenge. It was a trial and error thing. He tried jogging but couldn’t keep up with his friends. Now, he’s into sports and really enjoys it.
“I have to do a lot of cardio to keep my heart rate up. I wasn’t really good at it. It was frustrating to be out on a jog with my friends and not be able to keep up—especially when they all weighed like 140 pounds.
I prefer playing sports. I like that endorphin rush. I think that just stayed with me.”
Josh used to train with Freddie Roach, a popular boxing coach so it is no wonder that he can punch well. In fact,  one of his regular weekly workout sessions still incorporates traditional and Thai boxing strikes.
Josh works out three times a week, usually at a local park. If he can’t find time for a proper workout, he exercises through a machine-based cardio for 45 minutes.
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2011. Body Fitness Gain - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger